| Someday I'll find another issue of this magazine. |
This post is not going to be a tutorial, however. I will say that using them is not nearly as scary as you might think since you just need to find the right pattern on the folded inserts, trace them, and add seam allowance.
I wanted to make this pattern. It's very pretty.
There is this red sheer fabric that I have been dragging around of years. I used to even just hang it over windows but I had never sewn or made it into anything. There was nothing I wanted to use it on. So, this dress...yeah. That's a good one to use it on.
I was very careful. It was hard because that cheap machine likes to fight and skip stitches, but I got it there. I did french seams anywhere it would be left exposed to make sure fraying was kept to a minimum. I also took it to a repair shop nearby and had the collar overlock stitched (serged) before I attached the yolk because the collar seams are exposed on the wrong side of the fabric.
| Skipped stitches. Many a seams were redone. |
| La French Seam. You can see the fabric is encased. |
![]() |
| Phone camera makes not the good picture. |
![]() |
| Quick! Take a picture before I go to work! No time for nice faces! |


No comments:
Post a Comment