Sunday, March 31, 2013

Shredding Day 1 & Meals

I'm back doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred this month. Hopefully it will help me get under 180 pounds and help me shred some inches. I did this workout back in January and had great results, so I'm doing it again. However, this time I am not going to do it on the weekends to give my body a rest and do other things like hiking.

Day 1 Measurements:
Bust: 38
Waist: 40
Hips: 45
Thighs: 27
Arms: 14.5

The last time I did the shred I ended up with a strained shoulder which is why I'm taking breaks on the weekends. I think the workout is great overall, but working out every single day for a month is not. I've certainly lost the endurance I had after the last time but give me a week; I'll get it back.

In conjunction with working out I will continue to eat healthy. I stocked up on oatmeal and eggs for breakfasts. Lunches I miss sometimes because I wake up late, but sometimes I will bake a chicken breast and have some bread. Here is what today's brunch looks like. It was 10 points total.
Home made bread, eggs, mushrooms, and lean ham.
The weather is getting warm again which means cold salads doesn't make me shiver eating them in our cold office. So I made up a batch for dinners and they're quite satisfying.

It's herb and garlic dressing from Home Plus, half a tomato, garden vegetable salad mix, 10gms of cashews, 10gms of parmesan cheese, and 5 quail eggs. I put them in a tupperware in that order and then I don't have to make them  before work. Just grab and  go. The eggs and cashews give them the filling feeling a salad needs, as does the cheese. They're 7 points each. If usually take some fruit with me to work and something else to snack on in case I get hungry.

Sideways, I know. The tomatoes are on the bottom to keep the lettuce from getting too soggy. Grapes are my snack of choice this week. 
We'll see how it goes. I'll give another report next week.

2 comments:

  1. Are quail eggs less points than chicken eggs? They are smaller. I need to find out about the shred program you are doing. I did find that adding or changing up my exercise routine helped me loose the last 5-10 pound after the first of the year. Kind of at a mini plateau again. 15+ to go for goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, quail eggs are less than chicken eggs. It's probably because they're smaller and therefore have smaller yolks. Buying a bag of them peeled and in water is so convenient.

    You know you can find them at Asian markets back home, right? ^_~

    ReplyDelete